N-Tier Layer Approach
AspxFormsGen MVC 5 generates code in a 3-tier (n-tier) architecture. A presentation tier (the client), middle tier (business objects),
data tier (data access objects), and the database scripts such as stored procedures or a-hoc/dynmamic sql. Code is separated in different layers, see below:
The generated middle tier objects (and data tier objects) can be put in another project and consumed by other clients. Clients could be a web form (.aspx), a win form, or a web service (.asmx, wcf), etc. Or
better yet you can choose to generate the Web API (optional) and get all the other clients to access this extra layer instead.
- Front End (UI - Presentation Layer) Models, Views, View Models, Controllers. See more
- Web API (Middle-Layer, Optional). Optionally encapsulate calls to Business Objects when generating Web API code. See more
- Middle-Tier Class Files (Middle Layer). See more
- Data-Tier Class Files (Data Layer). See more
- SQL Scripts (Stored Procedures or Ad-Hoc/Dynamic SQL in Class Files). See more
The middle tier encapsulates all calls to the data access objects (data tier) so that calling a CRUD (create, retrieve, update, delete) and other
operations are very easy and may only take one line of code for most parts. We made it even easier by generating and showing an example for each CRUD operation,
for each table in your database, so you just copy and paste a call from your chosen client.
The data tier encapsulates all calls to the database. These could be calls to Stored Procedures or Dynamic SQL. Stored Procedures or Dynamic SQL are also generated
so you don't have to worry about writing T-SQL commands.